Goldline started operations in 1996 from somewhere around Coker, Orile; Relocated to Goldline House in 2012. Goldline is involved in the importation, sales, distribution and installation of security doors, internal and external doors, wooden and metal doors, locks and keys, decorative glass blocks, awnings etc.
We also render after-sales services to ensure that our customers get the maximum satisfaction they deserve. Head Office at 80 Okota Road, Isolo and branches in Port Harcourt, Warri, Lekki and Magodo warehouses in Ago Palace Way and Port Harcourt.
Goldline is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Delivery Personnel
Location: (Ago, Okota / Isolo) Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Statements to demonstrate why this job exists:
- Delivery Men distribute products promptly to our customers, represent our company in a professional and cost-effective manner to increase our profitability and customer satisfaction.
The main areas in which this job must get results in order to achieve its purpose/ accountabilities of the job holder:
- Work with and shall take instructions from General/Operations Manager.
- Make sure that their vehicles are handled with utmost care to ensure that safety of driver, goods and the vehicle.
- Check the tyres, water levels, oil level, fuel level, fire extinguishers, vehicle tools, lights, spare tyres. C-caution etc. every morning before moving into the road.
- Ensure that the vehicles are washed regularly and as directed by the General/Operations Manager.
- Make accurate entries into the log books for every particular movement and submit same to the General/Operations Manager for endorsements every morning.
- Inform the General/Operations Manager of the expiry date for any of the vehicle particulars/documents being used at least two weeks before the actual expiry date.
- Obey all traffic rules and regulations and respect law enforcement agents at all times.
- Report any defect to company vehicle(s) in writing to the General/ OperationsManager.
- Do not carry any unauthorized goods/passengers in company vehicle.
- Ascertain the quantity of any item that he is transporting on behalf of the company and ensure that documents he has for such items are correct in all respects.
- Drivers of delivery trucks acts as loaders/off loaders at all times.
- Drivers should ensure that their phones are constantly on while on duty using approved handsfree devices.
- Ensure that delivery notes are signed by receivers of any delivery note are returned to the warehouse immediately they come back to base.
- Make deliveries without failures only to authorized locations.
- Always project the image of the company whenever receiving or delivering goods on behalf of the company.
- Resume and close duties depending on the demand of the job at hand and as determined by their Manager.
- Perform any other related duties when required.
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Valid professional driver’s license.
- Good driving record with no traffic violations.
- Ability to drive light vehicles; medium and large trucks driving experience an advantage – 10 to 30 Tons Truck
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible experience in motor vehicle transport and/or maintenance management
- Fully familiar with driving protocols and procedures
- Great sense of responsibility aimed at safety of vehicle and goods
- Demonstrated ability to act logically and quickly in adverse situations
- Good communication skills targeted at handling correspondence with managers and customers
- Proven ability to drive heavy vehicles for long hours
- Special talent for charting out best possible routes in order to save time and fuel
- Physical dexterous to handle loading and unloading tasks
- Exceptional skills in city, intercity and interstate navigation
- Proven ability to exhibit great attention to detail
- Keen understanding of handling basic vehicle maintenance and repair tasks
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Capability of working well under pressure especially in adverse situations such as accidents or traffic jams
- Thorough understanding of traffic laws and ability to “think fast on your feet”
- Good customer service skills aimed at communicating a positive image of the company to customers.
- OND, SSCE / GCE / NECO qualification.
N50,000 – N60,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to “The Head, Human Resources” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates will be shortlisted based on experience and required qualification.